Sunday, February 16, 2014

Getting started

I've downloaded the Arch Linux image from the official Raspberry Pi page : raspberrypi downloads (I downloaded the 2014-01-06 version).

I followed the instructions on : archlinuxarm.org. To summarize:


  1. Download win32diskimager (sourceforge) and extract to a folder
  2. Insert your empty SD card and launch the Win32DiskImager.exe. Get the image by extracting the zip you've downloaded from the official Raspberry Pi page. Copy the location into the field "Image File". Select the location of your SD card as the "Device".
  3. Press "Write" and wait.
  4. When finished plug the SD card into the Raspberry and wait for 30 seconds to be sure that everything is loaded correctly.
  5. I found my ip address through the configuration screen of my router. I used this to connect to my Raspberry over SSH





No comments:

Post a Comment