Sunday, February 16, 2014

Resizing the partitions - Attempt 1

Before you read any further, I just want to mention that this does not end successfully. Follow the steps at your own risk :).

I followed the instruction in this article.


  1. I started with fdisk where I learned that I should add -l to list the partition table :
  2. Continue following the steps in the article, which tell me I should note the number 1740800
  3. Next I should remove the last two partitions. I accidentally removed the first partition. This is not a problem, just press q and start over again. Contrary to the explanation, I started by removing partition 5 and then removed partition 2 (after I found out I can no longer remove partition 5 after I removed partition 2 probably because they overlap ??) 
  4. Trying to create a new partition works until I have to enter the last sector. At that point in get an error "Value out of range". So I just tried going with the default value. After which I pressed w and got following error : "Re-reading the partition table failed.: Device or resource busy"
  5. Let's ignore the error and just reboot the Raspberry. reboot
  6. Woops, the Raspberry turns off but not back on, something is wrong ... Unplugging, also doesn't work. This means back to square one Getting Started





No comments:

Post a Comment