Sunday, February 16, 2014

Resizing the partitions - attempt 2 (successful)

Since the previous didn't work out that well, I started searching again. Found this link and decided to follow the steps described there.

The main difference is that Jan suggests to make the new partition "extended" instead of "primary" which seems to make sense (at least from a semantic point of view, at the moment not really sure what this means in Linux terms).



After this initial step, the advice from Jan tells us to create a logical partition within the extended partition. Not really sure why I need this, but I kind of trust Jan already :).


Ending with a write and reboot (same error message as in attempt 1 uh oh) , I hold my breath and ... The Raspberry reboots, success !

One step remains, apparently we still need to resize the filesystem for real (not really sure what we did so far but let's listen to Jan).



On my to-do list following things to research:

  1. difference between primary and extended partition
  2. the necessity of a logical partition
  3. the necessity of the resize2fs




No comments:

Post a Comment